Tuesday, November 8, 2011

Blog Challenge Day 1 - like BJDs?

1) Why do you like BJDs?


Can I number the ways?


I have always liked dolls - I had a few favourites when I was child, including a vinyl Orange Blossom whom I loved. As I got older, I got into barbies and paper dolls. As I became an adult, I added Kokeshi, some porcelain dolls and various other country dolls and figurines.


I didn't find out about BJDs until 2 years ago. They are easy to customise, even for one who does very little and the thing I like the most about them is that you can make the same doll look completely different simply by changing a face up/wig or eyes. I have 8 of one sculpt and none of them look the same - in fact I often have to tell people they are the same sculpt.


They also encourage characters, fun and are not just to be left on the shelf as many of my other dolls have been.



No comments:

Post a Comment

The Slow-down: 2016-2019

Wow. I used to collect a lot, and now, I don't do a lot of collecting at all. My collection has slowed to a crawl - some of it is prob...