Sunday, December 4, 2011

Blog Challenge 18: Least fave company?


And no... its not SOOM, I just needed Magnus is a photo...

I don't like to classify any doll companies as "least favourite" although I am not massive fond of a lot of them - and I don't mean any offence to any one who does like these companies.

I am not a fan of Volks - their dolls have very wide faces and they don't appeal to me at all. I am not a fan of faces with small eyes - there are some faces sculpted by Dollzone which I don't particularly like. But then there are a number of faces sculpted by SOOM that look like someone has slapped them in the face with a wet fish before giving them a large dose of botox.

Some dolls have strange bodies - while I quite like the possibility of ShinyDolls, the missing part of the back of their thighs are just too icky.

I also really dislike faces that look too much like babies - like LTF Bisous... those faces given me the shakes, as do those with their eyes too far apart like the PKF/LTF Icis and Flora.

I don't like the overly bulky body or humanoid faces that make up the Iplehouse lines (or at least, not anymore... my taste has matured).

I suppose the majority of my dislike of companies is more in the style and construction of their sculpts rather than the company itself.

4 comments:

  1. I'm not looking to this question myself... how can you say you don't like a whole company?! There are so, so many I've not even seen a doll from IRL. I think there are several doll companies that don't do dolls to the style I like, though I haven't spent a long time thinking about what that actually is. I should get back to the blogging so I have to think about it.

    Oh, and Seth is most upset that you said his son gives you the shakes XD But I kind of know what you mean, they're a very young looking doll for the size.

    ReplyDelete
  2. There are a few I couldn't really ever seen myself buying from... but then there are details that I don't like, not companies themselves.

    Alfie is fine - he doesn't give me the shakes... but I have seen a lot of ugly Bisous...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh yeah, I think most companies I probably wont buy from, unless my tastes drastically change. Doesn't mean I don't like them :D

    I know what you mean.. someone once said awww, I love how they look like they've had a traumatic birth... I think that gave ME the shivers!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yeah, exactly - and there are some companies I don't even like... lol.

    Oh ick. That is terrible!

    ReplyDelete

The Slow-down: 2016-2019

Wow. I used to collect a lot, and now, I don't do a lot of collecting at all. My collection has slowed to a crawl - some of it is prob...