Tuesday, December 27, 2011

Blog Challenge 23: Favourite part of the hobby


There are a few things I really like about this hobby - I love the ability to customise dolls as much as you want so that your doll can look completely different to someone else's even when you really own exactly the same one. Even within collections I find that I can do this as well.

I like the people you meet - well, the ones who don't suffer from problems of elitism and an over abundance of drama. I have met lovely people both in person at doll meets as well as through forums like DoA and on flickr - I love exchanging comments and receiving comments on photos and having discussions about dolls.

I also like the variety within this hobby - there are so many different companies and sculpts and sizes that it truly is a hobby that can be enjoyed by young and old and by completely different people since the number of companies and sculpts allow all people to chose the dolls they want and they don't have to collect the same thing as anyone else if they don't want to.

No comments:

Post a Comment

The Slow-down: 2016-2019

Wow. I used to collect a lot, and now, I don't do a lot of collecting at all. My collection has slowed to a crawl - some of it is prob...