Monday, April 25, 2011

pause... wait a minute

So I was squeeing a little while ago, and then I had to stop to think.

What is Sol going to wear when he gets here?? I know I have his wig (somewhere) as I bought it the same time I bought Ianthe's newer wig, although I'm not massively sure where it is, it should be in my wig box.

But what about clothes? I honestly don't think I have any MNF boy clothes...

Yes, Vulcan is here, but Vulcan owns very little - the marshpants he's wearing, his boots, his flag, his sword and his dubloon necklace. Because he has to have exactly the same clothes as Gallagher, its not like I can just buy him anything.

Bellona Lua also has clothing, but she has had quite a number of things for quite a while and my other three MSD boys - well... there's Argus and Corvinus... both of them wear their default outfits and they're not slim minis. Of course, other than their default outfits, they don't have any more clothes.

And my other boy is well, Janus and he's a chic-line. Admittedly, he is wearing a pair of MNF pants, but I can't strip Janus to outfit Sol.

The reason I haven't thought about this earlier was because I was originally going to buy Sol in his fullset, which would of course immediately cancel the need for immediate clothing to be ready when he arrived, simply because he would arrive with clothing.

This didn't happen because I am adopting Sol from a very nice FL household and he's coming without any attachments other than himself and his eyes (and possibly a pair of glasses).

I did a bit of trawling of Etsy, but you have the same problem as you do for Pukifee boys - LOTS of Etsy sellers make clothes for girls (and I would love to have Pax, Nox and Aera Cera so I can outfit some more hip/cutesy girls - which Bellona Lua most decidedly isn't) but there is little to nothing on Etsy for MNF boys.

There are some nice jeans, for a good $40, but other than that, I can't see a single thing that I would want Sol wearing (and he doesn't seem all that impressed either.). So then I went to the next step - I had a trawl (briefly) through the Marketplace on DoA... again, I can see the same problem that I first noticed. While plenty of people are selling clothing for MNF girls, there is again very little for MNF boys.

(oh, and of course Brennil/Her Delicate Strength is currently closed for commissions).

So now what? I have a boy arriving in a week or so, possibly two, and I have nothing for him to wear! (except a pair of leather trousers I remember just this morning that will fit him, although they're part of a fullset outfit and he can't wear them forever)

So for those of you with slim mini boys, where did you buy your clothing? And what am I going to do? Sol isn't Vulcan, he doesn't relish sitting around naked, nor does he want to be relegated to his box until he gets clothes!

4 comments:

  1. It's a pain isn't it! Theo has some volkes jeans which are an ok fit. Dollmore trousers fit quite well... his shirt and tee are from brennil. Wickedstitchery on etsy can be persuaded to make clothes, but his top from there is a little short in the sleeves... so yeah, dollmore is all I can suggest! If you find others let me know...

    This is the reason i'm re-thinking my luka, he wouldn't be happy with the few clothes Theo has.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh very much so - I find it a big problem with Pukifee as well.

    Thanks for the ideas, I grabbed a couple of sale items from Diverse Designs on DoA after I wrote this, and I know her clothes are good quality. - Janus, BL, Ianthe, Hades, Poseidon and Zeus all have clothes from her, and she owns a MNF - so the clothes are the right sizes.

    I'll have to have a look at Dollmore, and I'll check out TTYA as well I think.

    Don't let the clothes stop you from getting a Luka!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh don't say that just as I'm thinking of getting a boy PukiFee! Though I already have a tshirt for him, and some hoodies and leggings so I think he'd be ok for a while. Thank goodness most boys aren't that demanding :D

    I'll have to check out Diverse Designs... if I order Luka :D

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lol, there are places - MonstroDesigns is good for pants, as is Eightl0ngmonths occasionally. I tend to buy Lalatroop for tops or hoodies (pei78 on Etsy) and you can always commission spampy.

    Yeah, a lot of the goth/punky clothes my kids wear are her, she's very good with LTF and MNF and Delf, but then you don't have one of those anymore.

    ReplyDelete

The Slow-down: 2016-2019

Wow. I used to collect a lot, and now, I don't do a lot of collecting at all. My collection has slowed to a crawl - some of it is prob...