Thursday, September 16, 2010

the Tale of Argus

When I first started collecting BJDs, I created a character called Argus. He was originally supposed to be encased in an Iplehouse Ryan and was to be my next purchase after my Pukifee Zoe.
I think this is best encapsulated in my DoA signature pics of the time. Argus features for the first couple of signatures as I saved for him... and he was placed further and further back in the line as other dolls popped to the top.


First DoA sig - Argus on the end...

2nd sig... Argus still there, but two more in front..

3rd sig and another two before Argus


4th sig and two more dolls... but no Argus
So it came to the end of 2009 and Argus was still on the wait list.
But by this time I had stopped liking Iplehouse so much (all of the sculpts disappeared off my want list) and I had instead discovered Angelheim and their affordable hoovies. A few Angelheims found their way onto my want list and Argus was reshelled into an Angelheim Luka. He then acquired hooves and horns into the bargain.
But he stilled remained fairly low on the list and other dolls were still being bought before him.
He came closer to being bought when Indollgence picked up Angelheim.
Suddenly Angelheim announced a sale... 30% off all dolls and resin parts... and I couldn’t resist. Argus was ordered along with Titus, LillyKitten’s Ciel through Indollgence.
Finally, Argus was ordered, coming home and was shifted onto the wait list.
I was told that a box had arrived from Angelheim two weeks ago, only to find out a few hours later that it was just clothes and a doll for another customer.... I was massively disappointed. Angelheim seems to ship its dolls separately!

But Argus arrived last night and was hurriedly unwrapped and looked at. He has been moved out with Titus to be some of the first dolls to be placed in the new place.
He is beautiful and looks to be a dark version of his brother Titus. From his beginnings it looks as if Argus and Titus will be involved in the protection of the King, either as his personal guard or guards of the palace gates.
Now I am awaiting Janus and Hades, for whom I now have a shipping notice...
 BONUS:
LillyKitten's Titus...

No comments:

Post a Comment

The Slow-down: 2016-2019

Wow. I used to collect a lot, and now, I don't do a lot of collecting at all. My collection has slowed to a crawl - some of it is prob...