Wednesday, September 22, 2010

New arrivals and other things...

So first things first - new arrivals.

I originally wasn't going to purchase a Chic-line during the release event period, even though they had a Lishe there and she was added to my list... (for more information about my Lishe... issues... check out Lished) but that was before I found out about the Event items.

As I have talked about before in a previous blog post, I have a small addiction to Fairyland's Breakaways and of course Fairyland had to release a Little Fee or L-line Breakaway faceplate for the new Chic line Event. I attempted to buy one second hand and placed a want to buy in the DoA Marketplace and waited.

And waited.

And waited.

It came towards the end of the Event time and no one was selling the Event faceplates. Especially not the Breakaway. That made me a little worried and my new character - Hades, peeved off. So, in order to get a Breakaway, I took down my Want To Buy and instead placed a fullset El on layaway at DDE.

(Of course if you read the other post, you would know I managed to pick up two more Breakaway faceplates in the mean time).

However, I got a shipping notice for my El over a week ago, which of course was exciting, Janus and Hades were on their way home! They buzzed around for a while on a plane and landed on Monday, and were delivered yesterday morning.

I have had a few problems with Janus however.

When I unpacked him, his eyelashes looked strange... (I apologise for the blurriness of the image). One wasn't correctly stuck down and was plastered all over his eyebrows but the other seemed ok.

Unfortuantely his funny eyelash dropped off when I was dressing him, so I ripped the second off as well.  The other thing was his wig. I couldn't get it on! Now I've had small wigs before, both Osiris and Anubis have wigs that won't go over a wig cap and stretch on over their heads. I tried this with Janus, but his wig continued to simply "pop" off. There was not enough stretch in it to properly stretch over his head!

So my brand new boy is wigless for the moment until I find a suitable (and small enough) wig for him.

He did of course bring Hades with him, but that boy is still in his plastic bag until I take him out to take photos of him with his two brothers Zeus and Poseidon. Hades' wig still hasn't arrived, along with Magnus' and I'm more than slightly annoyed as two orders that I have made since I ordered Hades and Magnus' wigs (containing Poseidon and Faustus' wigs and one for a wig for Zeus) have arrived no problems!

The other things... well, I think a photo will explain it all...

And yes.... that is all of them, both mine and LillyKitten's! We'll of course be redoing it by the end of the year, as there are a number of incomings that aren't here yet... should be interesting to find the room to do it when everything is organised!

The new arrivals include - 3 SDs - my Dollzone Clovera, and Lilly's Resinsoul Ai and Dollzone Helen; 2 MNF - Vulcan and Gallagher; 3 Yos - my Soom Silt and Dark Alice, and Lilly's Soom Keny; 3 Pukifee - my Luna and Ante and Lilly's Luna; and 2 more Multihead pukis, one for each of us...

Plus there's always a possibilty (thanks Soom) for another MSD...

No comments:

Post a Comment

The Slow-down: 2016-2019

Wow. I used to collect a lot, and now, I don't do a lot of collecting at all. My collection has slowed to a crawl - some of it is prob...