Monday, September 6, 2010

Pukifee Slavery

Osiris, Anubis, Ma'at and Isis

In some ways it was a dark day when Fairyland announced that they would release the doll called the PukiFee.


Everyone looked at the display pictures and many were sunk from that moment on. The PukiFee, a size smaller than the Little Fee and a size larger than the PukiPuki, had an endearing bobble head which captured the attention and made many sink into what would become a uniquely PukiFee type of slavery.

I fell for the PukiFee immediately. I was on a bit of a mass order at the time and my first was a small PukiFee Zoe, who I determined must be a little boy. Not long after I placed that order on layaway with DDE then I ordered another PukiFee – a blank Bonnie along with a Little Fee Lishe through Fairyland.

I was waiting for them both (it hadn’t taken me long to pay off the Zoe), when I saw a Bonnie for sale on the Marketplace. I put in to buy it, and after a bit of a problem with the seller and organisation, it dropped through. I was a little peeved off, but was placed in contact with a person who had a Bonnie on layaway but didn’t want them anymore. So I took over her payments and I had three dolls.

Fairyland was the first to deliver – and my little blank Bonnie, named Isis, was soon taking hold of my heart along with her bigger sister Ianthe.

Osiris, my Zoe, arrived next from DDE, and Ma’at quickly followed. By this time I was deep in slavery – owned by my small PukiFee. They have more clothes than all my other dolls with dozens of tiny tops and pants and knitted cardigans filling up boxes. They have more shoes than my other dolls – my four SDs used to share three pairs of shoes between them (I only recently bought 1 more pair...) my PukiFee have about three pairs... each.

I soon decided that I wanted a fourth PukiFee – another Zoe so that I could have cute little brothers. Anubis was meant to be more like Isis, but seems to have turned out more like Ma’at when he arrived just last week.

The decision to get a fifth was just as quick as all the other decisions. Someone on the PukiFee thread stated that they could not imagine an Ante as a boy, even though Fairyland sells the Ante as a boy in the Sweet Bunny fullset. As soon as I saw that comment, I wanted an Ante boy. He was named Seth and has yet to be ordered.

I thought that this would be it for a while. Fairyland had not released any new PukiFee sets; they were focussing on the RealPuki, new MiniFee fullsets and some new PukiPuki. Then they released the Chic-line and I thought I was even safer. I would only have 5 PukiFee and that would be it.

Fairyland released the Icis and the Cupid... neither of which tempted me. My feeling of safety increased.

Then this year they have released the Pong (safe from that)... and the Luna.

Then there were six....

No comments:

Post a Comment

The Slow-down: 2016-2019

Wow. I used to collect a lot, and now, I don't do a lot of collecting at all. My collection has slowed to a crawl - some of it is prob...