Friday, September 16, 2011

Boys!

I blogged a day too early!!

Two days ago, when I blogged, I was frustrated about the lack of arrivals at my home - well, now, with two arrivals in two days - I'm happy again!

Mithas arrived on Wednesday the 14th and Zeus' body made its appearance on the very next day!

Mithras was very exciting, he's my first tan and my second Chicline, so it was very enjoyable opening his box and pulling out all of his bits and pieces. I have quite an involved box opening on my flickr - I don't think I'll necessarily upload it to DoA - I might go have a look and see if there are any good owner pics of Fabilis' and if there isn't I might just upload him. (the box opening set is here: http://www.flickr.com/photos/teapartyrevolution/sets/72157627543378731/)

He is a lovely tan, not without faults, but then given him being a tan skin, I expected those - he has lighter spots on his head/forehead, shoulder as well as in his joints and on his hands and wrists. I'm not massively disappointed, Fairyland put a large red warning all over his sale page, lol.

I am disappointed that I haven't managed to get the back of his pharaoh hat on his head at the same time as his Anubis head... I managed to get them both in the right place, but not in the right positions!

Now I just have to get them painted... And here is a shot of my nummy boy for your delection!
I'm not massively sure about his wig, since it's a bit puffy, but I don't think I want him bald with the mark on his forehead!

As for the other arrival, that was Zeus' body - my last LTF Breakaway has his body, pretty much to the day I received his faceplate! (His faceplate arrived on the 14th September 2010, his body on the 15th in 2011!)

So be on the look out for pics of my horrible three together (Hades, Poseidon and Zeus), as well as group shots of my LTF and pics of Mithras and Janus... I might even have to take a few photos which compare all three skintones by FL...

Zeus!

No comments:

Post a Comment

The Slow-down: 2016-2019

Wow. I used to collect a lot, and now, I don't do a lot of collecting at all. My collection has slowed to a crawl - some of it is prob...