Saturday, November 24, 2012

Arrivals and wig dilemmas.

So if you're a follower of my Lished blog, you'd know about the arrival of Aveta, my Delf Art Dear My Lady Lishe. She is a simply stunning girl and I am not stressing at all about having a cabinet baby (as one in 5, she's earnt her right)... not hardly... she went back in her box at the end of her box opening, nicely encased in cushions and a face protector... (I'll be back over there adding photos like mad soon!)



She did raise a problem though - which lead me to heading onto Leekeworld's website. I was there not so long ago, looking for wigs for my two Nanuri As, Mor Mumain and Nic Naomhim... unfortunately Leeke being Leeke, the wigs still haven't shipped!

So Mor Mumain and Nic Naomhim headed off to AngelToast for their faceups, along with my Horrible Three - Hades, Poseidon and Zeus, with me still without a good idea what they are going to look like with these wigs...

However, Leeke has thrown me up a dilemma. (above and beyond the dilemma I have with Aveta). They, as usual, as in the process of having a limited wig event. I love limited Leeke wig events... a large proportion of my doll collection is or has worn Leeke wigs and a large number of those are limited colour or limited designs - for example: Pallus, Arawn, Magnus, Marcheline, Nemain, Bellona Lua (was), Hades, Poseidon, Zeus, Ianthe (used to)....

This is the wig I originally chose for Mor and Nic:

It's an Art wig, and it didn't give me the choice to pick the colours, so I'm not really sure what I'm getting! But I knew I was keeping Mor when I put her head on Morrigan's body and added Morrigan's short wig, so that was why I leant towards a short wig. Plus the chance of being able to see the girl's elf ears through their wigs is a cute proposition!

That was all going well, until I spotted this wig:


It's longer than the other wig, definitely not a bob, and I'd buy it exactly like the photo, in Natural Black and Red Wine which would put it roughly the same sort of colour as many of the darlings I have already (Hades' wig is classified as wine, as is Marcheline's.). The problem I have is as soon as I saw it (and it was plaited into two fat plats for the preview photo) I thought how fantastic the colour would look on my girls.

Darn it Leeke... so do I buy 2 of the new wig for the girls and just get rid of the other two when they arrive... or do I have the problem of buying 2 of this wig and still having the chance that the other wig will look better??

Argh. Any thoughts?

No comments:

Post a Comment

The Slow-down: 2016-2019

Wow. I used to collect a lot, and now, I don't do a lot of collecting at all. My collection has slowed to a crawl - some of it is prob...