Wednesday, November 21, 2012

Event head Juri 2012 continued.

It could have been...


Received this response from the FL Twitter rep:
:'-( I'm so sorry. I didn't had time to speak to CP about the event head but I think he went ahead with the change anyway after reading some comments about the scar head. The original head they were sculpting was Scar Breakaway btw, but 'scar' items weren't so popular event gifts at the time when we were giving them out compared to non-scarred items also available at same time. Anyway, the new Juri should resemble the old Juri, but it isn't the same head, coz seems like they lost the original Juri05 master head, so they had to resculpt the whole head from scratch.

What does this tell me? *sighs* If people weren't so annoyed when they didn't get what they want, then CP wouldn't have changed his mind and I would happily be awaiting my brand new BA to help complete my BA collection...

Interestingly, I can't remember a scar event head, either BA or Shiwoo, being released with a non-scarred event head. So I'm not sure where that information came from. The Scar BA was released with... the Scar Shiwoo... and then as the only event head available... 

I'll correct myself. The Scar BA and Scar Shiwoo were released with the LTF Wink Ante... and the Puki Puki Pumpkin head. Then the Scar BA sleeping head was released with the LTF Fox, the PKF Seal and the Puki Bear... I'm sorry, other than perhaps a winking Ante, which wasn't uber popular, as wink heads never really have been, I can't see the argument.

I then got this from the Admin at the 1:1 site:
Thank you for your interest in our FairyLand dolls. The originally planned head was Scar Breakaway head but we cannot be certain about what will happen with it. We may hope to see it perhaps in possible future event but this cannot be guaranteed. Our apologies for the inconveniences. 

Kind Regards,FairyLand


So I might never see a Scar BA in F60. Like I thought, it might be completely canned, destroyed, etc. CP tends to do that I have a feeling - it was after all the fate of the MNF Tanning Shiwoo if they hadn't allowed Luts to sell them, they were going to destroy them.

What I did find interesting was the twitter rep's comment about the Juri 05/12. They lost the master mold, so resculpted the head to match the old one. They didn't update the sculpt... they just remade the old one.

It does answer the niggling thing I had about the lips - I thought it was photography when I thought it was a recast, but the newer one has closed lips, the older one has a slightly open mouth. Only difference I can see. But interesting to note since a lot of people have been complaining (interestingly enough) that the head wasn't updated... but then you didn't ask for it updated. You asked for the old one, so they gave you what you wanted.

Very interested to see how many extra heads join the current 6 unmodded and 2 modded Juri 05s on the MP... so many for such a popular event head.

2 comments:

  1. When I heard the announcement that there would be an event head etc I actually thought they'd be re-sculpting the Juri 08 for F60 size. So surprised they didn't as that seems to be one the most popular Juri heads of all time.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well, technically they did... The MNF Juri 08 is the Delf Juri 05 - it's just a MNF version of the 05, rather than a brand new sculpt in itself. So they resculpted the 05, to match the original as much as possible, and that is exactly what you thought they'd do - she is the 60cm version of the MNF Juri 08.

      I originally thought that they would release the Juri 05 again, since that's what everyone else thought, but they dropped the scar head hint and I immediately thought BA, and that's why I got so disappointed when they changed to the Juri 05 instead. I'm not a Juri fan lol.

      Delete

The Slow-down: 2016-2019

Wow. I used to collect a lot, and now, I don't do a lot of collecting at all. My collection has slowed to a crawl - some of it is prob...