Saturday, February 9, 2013

Something a little different

So last week I went to the local modern Doll Market - one of the only ones I know about where I met a doll I had previously only ever heard about.

On the meeting thread on DoA, one of the girls said she was bringing her Batchix Mini Machina. She added a link, so that people who didn't know what it was could have a look. Admittedly I am one of those people who had no idea what it was.

So I clicked the link.

I'm afraid the Mini Machina did not endear me too her when I had a good look at the production photos. Except for her body - it had a very attractive curve and I loved the way it was made.


Regardless, I thought it would be interesting to see this new type of doll in person. So when I went along to the market, I kept a look out for this new doll.

Famous last words. I did see her, and she was shorter than I thought and so very cute when she was blank.


She was also a lot heavier than I expected, but a nice feel - lovely resin, so smooth. And I began to see all the possibilities. So I thought - why not?


So I am getting my very own Batchix Mini Machina Delta, from the current pre-order. I have several names running through my head - the top two are Beta and Omega. Not really sure which to pick at this point. It's going to be fun to figure out how to have her painted when she finally arrives. I'll be getting her blank and hoping to get AT to have a go at her when I have her painted. Not sure how to do it yet... I'll have to have a think about it! I have a feeling it will be affected by wig choices (I'll go for a coloured mohair) and whether or not I called her Beta or Omega. They feel like very different characters.

If you yourself is interested in one of these darlings - visit Batchix's site here. This girl and her sister Eta, aren't available for long!

No comments:

Post a Comment

The Slow-down: 2016-2019

Wow. I used to collect a lot, and now, I don't do a lot of collecting at all. My collection has slowed to a crawl - some of it is prob...