Monday, March 12, 2012

Of website errors and confusion



So I have been mired in confusion since Thursday. On Thursday I went into the SOOM website to pay the next instalment on my Arkose. I followed all the instructions and had got to the last bit when it informed me that there was an error with Paypal. It suggested that the payment hadn't gone through.

So I paid it again, and it went through fine. I refreshed the page, to make sure that the payment had gone through this time... and it came up with "Left to pay: -$1.00".

So even though I hadn't MEANT to pay Rasmus off he suddenly was paid off.

Later that day - roughly lunchtime, I got an email stating that they had changed the status of the order that I had. I immediately thought "Surely they haven't shipped him already!" - they hadn't, they'd just changed him to "before shipping."

The next day I was randomly checking the status of my orders on the SOOM website, when I noticed a blue note next to Rasmus... "on shipping." I hadn't received an emailed shipping notice, so I clicked into the invoice to see the EMS tracking number. No number was listed.

I checked later on Friday - no number. Saturday... no number. Sunday... no number. Monday (this morning)... no number. So at roughly 3pm, I put a question on the board about the lack of tracking number and querying the lack of a number - had he really been shipped or had they stuffed up like the paypal notice stuffed up earlier?

I was out for dinner when I got the email "SOOM has updated the status of the order"... My thought was that SOOM had corrected an error and placed Rasmus back on "before shipping".

I logged on, expecting to see a green notice... instead it was blue! I looked into the invoice, and there was a tracking number. I checked it...

Rasmus made to Australia yesterday and made it into Melbourne this morning... it is likely that he'll be delivered tomorrow (since today was a Public Holiday).

....! So confusing!

No comments:

Post a Comment

The Slow-down: 2016-2019

Wow. I used to collect a lot, and now, I don't do a lot of collecting at all. My collection has slowed to a crawl - some of it is prob...