Sunday, March 25, 2012

Market Aftermath

Markets are evil, evil things.

Two years ago, a lovely Blythe collector set up a modern doll market for Barbies, Blythes and BJDs (plus any other modern dolls which are bypassed by the other doll markets). I have been to every one since then and most of the time have kept myself to simply purchasing BJD clothing.

The final market of last year I started looking at some of the Blythes. I joined up with a few Blythe forums and started to price them. I had a good look at custom Blythes and have pretty much decided that if I got a Blythe that I would get a customised one.

I went to the first Market of the year yesterday and spotted a Very Vicky for sale.


... she's now mine.

I haven't decided on a name yet, although Magnolia is the name which keeps going through my mind, so that may be what she is called later. But I have already started to consider how I will customise her.

I would love to have her hair re-rooted with mohair, but having had a search for people to re-root her (since I'm unsure how to do it myself) it seems like I might have to wait, since there aren't that many who do it. So I'm now considering saran highlights.

She will most definitely get a new face up which will be matte - being able to see myself in her face is not a good thing, especially not when taking photos! The other thing she needs is some new eye chips. I have to decide on which ones and from where and how I will change them... etc. etc. etc.

And I have to pick a customiser to help me! I would prefer an Australian for the first one, so I have to do some more digging around!


2 comments:

  1. I'm so excited for you. I really want to get into customising Blythes, they such awesome little dollies. I'm so keen to see how she turns out :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think I probably could customise her, but I'm not sure how confident I am about it, lol.

      There are a whole heap of things that I think would look good! - Look forward to seeing you getting one, it will be fun to watch what happens to yours.

      Delete

The Slow-down: 2016-2019

Wow. I used to collect a lot, and now, I don't do a lot of collecting at all. My collection has slowed to a crawl - some of it is prob...