Monday, July 4, 2011

to sell or not to sell... that is the question

It seems strange to me not to feel attached to a doll. I have a number of dolls (many will have noticed) that I am very attached to. I love them and I tend to take masses of photos of them. Occasionally, very occasionally, I have dolls I love as much but I don't take as many photos of. This can be because it is more difficult to get good poses or different looks since they are fullset dolls.

Then there are the dolls that I have a lot of trouble with. I had this conversation in my blog before over the now sold Hyperion and Theia, my multihead Pukis who I weren't feeling all that attached to. I sold both of them and feel much better for it.

Now I have the eerie feeling I need to sell two more of my dolls. One of these I am fairly certain of: Li Na.

I liked her when I saw the first pictures of her, she was great, cute and small and looked adorable. I didn't realise that there was very little you could do with her. Her arms aren't long enough to do any good poses and she doesn't stand. I find it very hard to photograph her, and I haven't found her a wig. So my fullset dragon baby will be going up for sale.

The other is Argus. I loved him when I first saw him on the Angelheim site and now I'm looking at him and wondering why he's there. I will try him in a new wig before I decide that he's really going to go, as I really don't like the wig he has now, but I'm not sure if that will save him. I will take some shots of him tonight for my ADAD of him with a different wig and we'll see. But he might go...

Hard decisions...

No comments:

Post a Comment

The Slow-down: 2016-2019

Wow. I used to collect a lot, and now, I don't do a lot of collecting at all. My collection has slowed to a crawl - some of it is prob...