Friday, November 14, 2014

Incomings and debates


So I really need to find something that will help me to keep this blog ticking over! I'm getting awfully slack both with writing blog posts and taking photos. So if you have any suggestions for how I can get this to work, please feel free to share.




So what's happening you ask? Well, after the arrival of Lir not so long ago, I had a bit of a pause in my doll collecting. I'd collected my last Lishe and had her faceuped and I was feeling happy with not much happening in my collection.

Well, now Lir is on his way back from the Spa, he's been stuck in a depot somewhere in Melbourne or Sydney now since Tuesday, so I'm not particularly impressed since he was placed in the post on the 1st of November. 

Other than him, I was buying a body for Aera Cera, which I've paid off, so she will be getting a WS A-line with the glamour (I think!) bust from the M-line body. It will be fun, I've been trying to find her some clothes to wear that will suit her faceup and general look.

Unfortunately while I was moving her the other day, one of her eyelashes fell off, and I can't find it. So I need to decide whether or not I'm going to send her back to get them replaced! I have to ask, as I don't know if AT will do that for me. I have something else to send her at the same time, so maybe I'll get lucky!



Anyway... then I saw a shot of the Withdoll Werewolf Babies on Tumblr and they were so cute. So I headed along to the Withdoll site to take a closer look and that was where I discovered that they were half a centimetre taller than a Pukifee... too cute.

So, I've purchased a little guy, default as he appears in the promotional shots and his name will be Samhain. Isis is very excited to have a little bity friend heading in - particularly as he could end up being a minion for her.

Currently he's due 8 weeks after the payment, which puts him around the 13th of December. Apparently, according to his makers, he could come early, so that is exciting.

As well as that, an old friend of my collection, and particular friend of Vulcan, is moving in with us. Elliot is making her way over from the UK sometime soon and V is extremely excited and planning all sorts of naughtiness. We have a few plans for Elliot our selves, and she might take a brief visit to the spa to refresh her tattoos...

Which comes to the current temptation.

There is this Feeple70 male body on the MP which I have watched a little since it was put up quite a while ago. It's a very reasonable price and I keep thinking of buying it. What currently stops me is the lack of head to put on it!

I do still have my sleeping BA, but I kind of like not having him on a body and I'm not sure that I want another BA (plus it would mean eventually I'd probably open his eyes, and I don't want to.).
I do have a floating set of Riff heads, but I don't know about that either.

I've kept a look on the MP for El heads, but there's nothing really viable at the moment. An F70 El would be fun - I even looked at Moons, and that's very different for me!

But I suppose the lack of a head might actually stop me buying the body.

Maybe.




1 comment:

  1. Hi Jo!
    Good to see you posting again. I guess you could photograph one doll at a time and give a review on each of them, that would give you plenty to write about for a while. :)
    In regards to the headless body, perhaps you should find a head first, then buy the body.
    Hugs,
    X

    ReplyDelete

The Slow-down: 2016-2019

Wow. I used to collect a lot, and now, I don't do a lot of collecting at all. My collection has slowed to a crawl - some of it is prob...